The Electronics and Cars Recycling conference, said to be Asia’s premier event covering this topic, will take place on 14-17 November in Macau.
This conference brings together an international gathering of those interested in electronics and cars collection, recycling, reuse and remanufacturing. The recycling of end-of-life vehicles (ELVs) and obsolete electronics, including metals and plastics, serves as the focus of the event. Manufacturing, distribution and take-back will also be addressed.
Topics to be covered include:
• Cars recycling
• Electronics recycling
• Circular Economy – government initiatives
• Latest sorting and processing technologies
• Manufacturer take-back schemes and recycling efforts
• Reuse and remanufacturing
• Reducing risks in take-back of used electronics and cars
• Transboundary shipment of reusable units
• Update about funding and financing for recycling projects in Asia
• Dismantling versus shredding, best practices for highest ROI
The keynote speaker who will open the event is Dr Axel Schweitzer, CEO of recycling firm ALBA Group plc & Co. KG. He will focus his speech on “Boosting Recycling Business in China – ALBA Group´s Model for the Circular Economy”.
An exhibition area is integrated into the conference facility.
Participants will also have the chance to take part in plant tours in mainland China and Hong Kong on November 14 and 17, including visits to ALBA’s Hong Kong WEEE and recycling facility, Guangzhou Automobile Group Motor Co. (China (China’s first large state-owned car manufacturer), Guangzhou Valuda Group (a car dismantling plant), and Foshan Shunde Xinhuanbao Resource Utilization Co’s electronics recycling plant.
English/Chinese simultaneous interpretation will be offered in the conference room and a Tech Box talks platform will be integrated into the exhibition area.
The detailed program will soon be finalized and published on the conference website: www.icm.ch/wrf-2017.