The congress on battery recycling – ICBR 2017 – will be held from 20-22 September in the Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa in Lisbon, Portugal.
Organized by ICM AG, the ICBR is presented as an international platform for discussion of the latest developments and challenges with battery recycling, bringing together decision makers in the battery recycling chain such as battery producers, recyclers, collection schemes, policy-makers, transport companies and the like.
At this year’s event over 200 international experts are lined up to discuss and present on the following topics:
• Safety aspects with lithium primary and lithium rechargeable batteries
• Battery technologies development
• Urban mobility: The gate to e-mobility?
• Update of the review of the Batteries Directive 2006/66/EC
• Energy storage: Opportunities for a second use of batteries?
• Energy storage and e-mobility: Complementary technologies?
• Economic aspects of collection or take back schemes
• New trends in battery recycling technologies: Primary and rechargeable
• Eco-design: A critical approach to batteries removability?
• International developments in batteries collection and recycling
• Safety aspects in the end of life value chain
• An exhibition area is integrated into the congress facility, where vendors meet their clients. A cocktail reception and networking dinner at the romantic Palácio do Conde D’Óbidos create an excellent atmosphere to get in touch with business partners, colleagues and clients.
On Friday 22 September the congress will host a workshop about “Why the Carriage of Waste Batteries Can Be Dangerous!”. There will also be a plant tour at the premises of recycling company Ambigroup Reciclagem SA.
Participants will also have an opportunity to test drive the BMW i3 and i8.