Specialist consultancy FM BioEnergy is running a series of silage training days in March, in conjunction with operators in the AD sphere
Calling all on-farm AD operators! Does your clamp suffer from excessive losses, run-off or mould? Are your biogas yields lower than expected?
If you answered ‘yes’ to the above questions, or just want to improve your AD operation, then a series of free-to-attend silage training days – including a half-day site visit to a local AD plant – could help you get the most out of your feedstock and boost your biogas yields.
Taking place in Gloucestershire and Leeds on 18 & 19 March 2020, specialist AD consultancy FM BioEnergy, in conjunction with AD plant operators JJ Power and Wothersome Grange, is hosting two one-day events entitled ‘Creating superior silage for biogas’. Aimed specifically at operators of farm-based AD plants, each event will comprise seminars, presentations and Q&A sessions with leading European biogas silage experts from Schaumann Energy and FM BioEnergy, a FREE lunch and a site visit to a local, operational on-farm AD facility.
According to the organisers, aach session will explain how you can avoid the most common silage pitfalls and optimise your AD output by:
– Establishing the financial impact of poor quality silage;
– Understanding the importance of harvesting at the right time;
– Learning why correct clamp filling and compacting are vital to success;
– Discovering the difference that good sheeting can make;
– Finding out how silage additives can boost good bacteria and speed up fermentation time in the clamp;
– And following best practice guidelines.
“For crop-fed AD plants, quality of feedstock is the key to efficient biogas production throughout the year,” says Tim Elsome, General Manager of FM BioEnergy. “Small potential losses of dry matter at each stage can quickly build up into a significant reduction in biogas output. Our ‘Creating superior silage for biogas’ training days aim to showcase best practice at every stage of harvesting, ensiling and feeding, in a bid to help on-farm AD operators maximise the potential biogas generation from their feedstock.”
‘Creating superior silage for biogas’ – FREE registration for biogas plant owners and operators
• 9am, 18 March 2020, Gloucestershire – De Vere Cotswold Waterpark Hotel/JJ Power AD plant
• 9am, 19 March 2020, Leeds – Braham Estate/Wothersome Grange AD plant
Places are limited – to register your attendance at either event, contact:
T +44 (0)330 678 0981