The ADBA Scottish Conference 2023 will feature opening and closing keynote addresses from – respectively – Maurice Golden MSP, Convener, Cross-Party Group on Circular Economy, the Scottish Parliament, and Sarah Boyack, Shadow Cabinet Secretary for Net Zero, Transport and the Just Transition, Scottish Labour Party.
Organised by the Anaerobic Digestion and Bioresources Association (ADBA), it will be chaired by former Energy and Climate Change Secretary Chris Huhne, now chair of ADBA.
Entitled “Deep Dive into Scotland’s Net Zero Ambition”, the full-day event will explore the contribution anaerobic digestion (AD) and biogas can make towards achieving Scotland’s decarbonisation plans across the energy, transport, agriculture and food & drink sectors whilst supporting the development of a circular economy and zero food waste in Scotland. It will also discuss how to finance the scaling up of AD and biogas technology in the country.
“ADBA represents a sector which adds so much value to the global efforts to meet net zero targets”, said Maurice Golden MSP ahead of the event. “So much has already been achieved but there are bigger challenges ahead and further deployment of AD and biogas will be required. In addition to contributing to meeting our net zero targets, the sector provides a host of economic opportunities which must be realised.”
Alongside the keynote speakers, confirmed contributors include:
- Iain Clunie, Director, Scotland Food & Drink Net Zero Programme, Food & Drink Federation Scotland
- Richard Gueterbock, Director, Foodchains
- Sandy Arbuthnott, Director – Ventures, Hiiroc
- Dr. Christian Calvillo Munoz, Research Fellow, Centre for Energy Policy, University of Strathclyde
- Andrew Smith, Executive Director, Greenbackers
- Andy Cooper, Head of Energy Efficiency, Clarke Energy
- Lucy Montgomery, Senior Consultant, NNFCC
- Kristina Rabecaite, Founder & Director, Ppaya
- Kate Hopper, Climate Policy Manager, NFUS
- Euan Munro, Principal Process Engineer, SLR Consulting
- Dr. Lynsey Dunbar, Senior Business Engagement Manager, Industrial Biotechnology Innovation Centre (IBioIC)
ADBA’s Policy and Market Analyst Wasundara Doradeniya will also present an overview of the Scottish AD and biogas market.